My due date is FAST approaching and I’m finally getting everything ready for baby and me! Even though this is my third baby I still have to really think about what I want to take to the hospital for baby and for me (that’s an entirely different post). When we had Travis I took everything and the kitchen sink, with Cole we definitely did better but still took some unneeded items. This time around I think I have my list narrowed down. So here is what I will pack for the baby at the hospital.
I’ll be taking 6 main things, let me tell you what they are and why I have chosen them.
1. Woombie — The transition from the womb to the big bad world is NOT easy on babies so I’m taking the woombie to swaddle this baby up tight with and help him feel secure.
2. Monkey Foot Designs Large Wet Bag — Just like with Cole this baby will have cloth on his bum from minute 1! I was really nervous to use cloth in the hospital with Cole but it was so easy. I love the Monkey Foot Wetbag because it has a strap I can hang off the basinet so it is super easy to get to and doesn’t take up too much room.
3. CJ’s Butter — I mean you know by now that we go no where without this little miracle cream. I’ll be using it for belly button care, baby’s bottom, and for a moisturizer for me.
4. Nohi Organics Sleep Gown — Mostly I just can’t wait to get this adorable gown on my baby so that’s why I’m taking it. Being real with you all here 🙂
5. Newborn Diapers — I’m renting the newborn package we offer here at Eco Chic since this is my third and probably last baby 🙁 I couldn’t justify buying a newborn stash and I had never purchased any before. This is exactly why renting is so great!
6. NoseFrida — Sometimes babies come to us a bit congested. If you’ve ever tried to use one of those bulb syringes on a newborn you know what an absolute nightmare they can be. I’m taking the NoseFrida to save myself that hassle.
A few notable mentions that are not pictured… My Sakura Bloom Ring Sling will be in the car just in case I want to walk around with baby or hold him while I’m eating or whatever. I took a wrap with me when I had Cole and didn’t end up using it because I just couldn’t put him down but I want to have it just in case. Also I’m packing Essential Oils for me for birth and post partum and included in that is Frankincense and OnGuard. I’ll be using Frankincense on baby to help with the transition from womb to the world and help promote bonding. And I’ll be diffusing OnGuard in our room to help with germs. Also a sweet blanket that a friends mama made for us. It is so soft and each of my older boys have one and I can’t wait to wrap this little babe up in it!
So am I missing anything? Anything you found super helpful at the hospital for your baby?