Ok so here is one thing I can promise will happen to your baby … teething.
There are so many variables with babies…. from sleeping, swaddling, feeding etc. etc.
They are all going to get teeth. Promise. So what should you do? Well there is always oragel laden with ____________ and there is always having a screaming restless child aka trying to tame a wild animal.
OR you can get a
knock off authentic baltic amber teething necklace. Maybe you have seen babies with necklaces on and wondered, why? Or you had some friends or social media forum friends post “get a teething necklace.” Your thinking 1) My husband will never go for that 2) How does it even work 3) How is it safe for a baby to chew on a necklace.
Have no fear friends we are here to shed light on this subject for ya!
Here are 7 Truths About Teething Necklaces for you!
1) Teething necklaces are not to be chewed on. They have succinic acid that is a natural healing oil that is absorbed into the skin just like lotion or oils would be. The succinic acid reduces inflammation which in turn reduces drooling and pain.
2) They are heat activated and should be worn under the clothing.
3) They do take up to 24-48 hours to start working.
4) No they are not magical… well in a sense they are but you know what I mean. No voodoo here people.
5) They can’t get wet from the bath or pool or those
magical precious oils will come off.
6) They are said to last 9-15 months some people swear they last for years. Others say to “recharge” them in the sun. We will leave that up to you to find out.
7) They need to be worn consistently to actually work. Putting them on an hour here and there then say they don’t work. Now for nap and bedtime we will not tell you what to do but we will say some take them of and put on the ankle with a sock over and it some co-sleeping families choose to keep them on. Your family, your baby.
Now on top of an amazing authentic baltic amber necklace that you can purchase with this link or rush on over to the store to buy..
You can also try these….
5 Tips for Teething Relief
2) Sophie Vanilla teething Rings, Sophie Teething or Life Factory Teethers.
3) Frozen Fruits even frozen raw milk or breast milk pops
4) Washcloth Soaked in well steeped Chamomile Tea then you can freeze the washcloth also
5) Lots of snuggles, nursing, baby wearing and such
Teething can be rough but we promise you will get thru it and its only once that these little humans get teeth!! Before you know it those little teeth will turn into loose teeth and kids that need lunches packed for school, help on homework and one thing that does not change.. the laundry. The laundry will always be there, promise. So find comfort in that, in some awkward nemesis kind of way right?!
How cute are all of these Eco Chicsters in their Baltic Amber? Thanks to all the Eco Chic Mama’s that submitted pictures for us!