Over a year ago I posted a blog about how I don’t do it all. It continues to be one of our most read blogs so I wanted to follow up on that with some more tips & tricks I apply to my life. Here are 10 ways that I don’t do everything and how you can not do everything too!
1) I have one day a week that I don’t wear make up , I stay in pajamas & attempt to not leave the house. Realistically this happens 2-3x a month.
Bonustip. I HAVE NO NOTIFICATIONS on my phone except text messages!
2) I’m not gone more than 2 nights a week. We eat dinner at the table as a family three nights a week.
I also take my kids to school every day .. It’s important to me to send them off with an I love you & a blessing over their day. I also pick them up 3 days a week.
3) bi monthly /quarterly self care (massage, chiro, pedicure)
Ie)pedicure , massage, hike alone, facial, shopping
4) I have someone deep clean my house a few times a year and in really crazy seasons (traveling & project deadlines etc) once a month.
5) I get up before my kids 5/7 days a week and make sure to have quiet time in the word and just listening /praying and preparing for my day.
6) I have a planner , calendar & I’m intentional with my days and time. I set timers on my phone for meetings, calls, time I work on blogs/social media etc.
i.e. I know every Monday is spent: Book keeping, putting away laundry, doing invoices & pay roll
Tuesday I’m at gym & shop
We’d i do blogging & social media & a one hour slot open for a meeting or appointment
Thursdays gym & Eco
Fridays (Friend Friday. Fun. Meetings. Errands & any unfinished social media.)
Sat: sports, work, chores , eve church
Sundays: I only work one sun per mo and my staff the same as we all value Sundays. family, rest & laundry. I plan my weekly menu and set out mine and Mercy’s clothes.
I also plan out my whole week & check what appointments , events etc I have.
I also set timers for tasks during the day time. Ie) 1 hour on writing 2 hours on bookeeping etc.
7) We go on a date at least once a month
8) I ask for help..From my family , staff, friends I don’t try to do it all. I also stay connected, transparent and vulnerable. I share my dreams, fears, weaknesses, struggles & strengths with an amazing core group of women.
9) I let go.
I used to think I need to bake x amount of goodies and the floors should be cleaned weekly .. My floors my be a bit dirtier, I may only hit the gym 2x a week vs 3x I might make cookies 2x a month vs 1x a week BUT I’m building a home, a family, a marriage, a community, a team. And I know looking back .. The floors & decor won’t really matter but hearts & lives will.
10) i feed my body. Mind & soul. I listen to positive music daily & a podcast at least 2x a week. I also eat and drink well!!
I drink at least 8-20 oz of water with lemon in it upon waking & then a banana. It’s my morning go to.
I snack on things like almonds, dark chocolate & fruit. I avoid all processed foods, gluten 90% of the time, no refined sugars & nothing artificial. I depend on things like FCLO, uncorked, do terra essential oils, kombucha and journey to get me thru most days
Now hear me.. I’m all for order, organized and keeping things clean.
You want to change the world? Well make your bed. I’m about routine .. Every night I fill up my downstairs diffuser so it’s ready to just hit on when I wake up. I have my worship playlist or channel ready. I make sure our vitamins are on the counter and there is no dishes in the sink.
But it’s not perfect.
There are folded cloths on the coffee table & some dust bunnies under the sofa I’m sure. I have some empty pots on the back patio and some dead strawberry plants in the garden!
Tell me, how are you NOT doing it all in order to keep your peace and increase productivity.