Childbirth Classes and Doula Services
Birth & Breastfeeding Classes
Preparation to Childbirth Classes is held One Time per month
Meet the Midwife
Lactation Specialist Services
Newborn Care Classes
Please contact us today regarding childbirth classes and doula services. You can also pay for your birth class using this link and leave your name/phone in the notes.
Class rates are $100-175 depending on number of couples and birth rates are $1,000-1,800.00 pending on location, number of birth etc.
I would love to sit with you to discuss any questions you have!
What is a Doula?
The greek word doula means “woman servant or caregiver”. We now use that word to describe a trained and experienced labor companion who provides the woman and her partner continuous emotional support, physical comfort, and assistance in obtaining information before, during and just after birth. Rates are affordable—contact me today for more information!
Studies Show women that choose a doula will:
- Have a shorter labor/birth
- 30-50% less chance of medical interventions (c-section medications, forceps, etc.)
- Be more successful @ breast feeding and bonding with baby
- Have better communication with medical team and partner
- Experience less anxiety about labor, birth, parenting
- Have greater satisfaction with the birth experience for both mom and partner
A doula will:
- Understand the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman in labor
- Assist the woman and her partner in preparing for and carrying out their birth plans
- Stay by the side of the laboring woman the entire labor
- Provide emotional support, physical comfort measures, an objective viewpoint, and
assistance to the woman in getting the information she needs to make good choices. Will go over benefits and risks with family.
- Facilitate communication between the laboring woman, her partner, and medical team
- Will nurture and protect the woman’s memory of her birth experience