Recently I found myself feeling especially frazzled in my home. Clutter occupied almost every surface, not much flowed, and everything just felt BLAH. I decided to make a few changes to not only inspire my living space, but increase my productivity and peace, too. Here are 7 ways that transformed my space into a safe haven. These few changes in my home have energized my spirit, leaving me feeling inspired instead of overwhelmed:
- Rearrange your furniture. This past week I decided to totally switch up my bedroom furniture and WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Try a few radical floor plans and see which feels most refreshing. Feel free to bring in a piece from another room or switch something out. I put my headboard up against the window and the change created a whole new, BEAUTIFUL bright look to the room. Now I love coming in there and I feel like I can really rest.
- Framed photos. There is nothing sweeter than adding a few select framed photos of your loved ones to the mantel, dressers, shelves, etc. to add a personal, unique touch to your space. Think outside the box and maybe frame your favorite quotes or chalk paint some thrifted vintage frames. I put a handful up on our bedroom dresser and smile every time I walk by it seeing those fond memories and favorite quotes on display.
- Treat yourself. Head out and pick out a few new throw pillows for your sofa or a new lamp or comforter. This does NOT have to be expensive! Check out places like Ross or any clearance section of your favorite shop for treasures waiting to be found. A new piece of decor or textile can completely make a room feel brand new. It’s like Christmas!
- Storage. Do you have piles of books on your nightstand? Put them away in a bookcase and keep out only what you are currently reading. Make-up all over the bathroom counter? Grab a decorative, stylish wicker basket at an outlet store. There is a peace that comes with finally putting stuff away and finding a place for all those random items that are swimming around on your home’s surfaces.
- Fresh flowers. Visit a farmers market on the weekend to pick up beautiful (and often inexpensive) fresh cut flowers to add to your kitchen table or counter top. Not only does the pop of color change the energy of any room, but fresh flowers make any girl feel special (even if you bought them for yourself!).
- Fix things. Do you have a broken closet door? An end table with water rings that needs to be refinished? Take some time this week to evaluate a few eyesores in your home that desperately need to be reimagined with a makeover. I replaced my son’s broken closet door in his room with a shower curtain rod and some fun fabric. Totally changed up the space and I felt such peace with all that closet busyness finally contained. This was a cheap fix that looks fantastic!
- Clear clutter. This is a big one that can feel like a mountain to climb. This was the hardest project for me to tackle this week- so I broke it up. Set a timer each day this week for 10-15 minutes and declutter. Throw away, donate, or find storage for every pile. Taking this step will be like crossing the finish line into a peaceful, clean space that will make you say “ahhhhhhhh….”
How can you inspire your space this week? Leave us a comment and let us know your plan!
Are you inspired by Staci’s tips to get your home in tip top shape? Have a piece that needs a little love or just want to add a pop of color in a room? American Paint Company is your answer! Come in today for a free in store demo OR contact us and we can set up a Skype or Facetime session.